Covid-19 - For additional terms and conditions please see our 'Tariffs' page
Croeso! Welcome to Dyfiview B&B
Our home, 'Tryfan', is a spacious modern chalet bungalow in a magnificent elevated location within the market town of Machynlleth. Our unique position offers amazing wide-sweeping views over the River Dovey (Afon Dyfi) and the mountains of Southern Snowdonia in the north and also the rolling hills of the Plynlimon massif to the south.
Despite our elevated position we are only minutes from the centre of town and all the amenities it offers. We are also only a few hundred metres from the railway station - just at the bottom of our road.
We offer stylish modern accommodation but with some of the charm and character of a country cottage. You'll receive a friendly old-fashioned personal service to make you feel welcome and cared for throughout your stay.
Your hosts, Mike and Gill McKever are experienced walkers and bikers with a love of the Welsh countryside and all the beauty and excitement it has to offer. We welcome the opportunity to share with you our good fortune in living in such a uniquely beautiful spot.
We are experienced B&B users and now put into practice many of the lessons we have learned on our own travels. We also value your opinion to help us improve the service we provide. Our aim is to provide the highest quality of comfort, hospitality and food available anywhere in the area.
For all booking enquiries please call Land line - 01654 702023, or Mobile 07952 370569, or email email@example.com
Why choose Dyfiview B&B?
If you are looking for places to stay in the Machynlleth area or Southern Snowdonia, or visiting the Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT), check out Dyfiview B&B first. Here are just some of the reasons why visitors love the Dyfiview experience:
- Amazing views from bedrooms, dining room, bar/lounge and terrace.
- Recently redecorated bedrooms and guest areas with new and superbly comfortable Sealy beds.
- New 19 or 22 inch flat screen televisions with built-in Freeview and DVD player in all bedrooms
- Modern accommodation with high standards of cleanliness and housekeeping
- Very large dining room incorporating guests lounge area and bar (non-alcoholic)
- Small friendly establishment a personal service
- Excellent Home cooking using many of our favourite locally sourced ingredients including home made jams and marmalades and fresh eggs
- Alternative Vegetarian and Vegan breakfast menus available on request
- Free facilities include boot room, bike store, power washer and wireless broadband internet (Wi-Fi) Conditions apply
- Maps, books, local information and advice on local walks and bike trails and tourist attractions
- Modern bathroom/shower rooms with a new bath (2013) and power-shower in Room 1
- Ideal stopover for those travelling on Glyndwr's Way
- Close to Southern Snowdonian mountains such as Cadair Idris and the Aran range
- Wide range of pubs, restaurants and take-aways just minutes away on foot or by car
- Located in an historic busy Market Town with many interesting specialist shops
- Renowned music venue (Y Tabernacl) and Modern Art Gallery (MOMA Wales) just minutes away on foot or by car
- Ideally sited for those attending the Machynlleth Festival
- Only 20 minutes drive (9miles) from the coast and the picturesque resort of Aberdovey with its harbour and sandy beaches
- Our station on the Cambrian Coast Railway provides easy rail access to Aberystwyth or up the coastline of Gwynedd to popular seaside resorts such as Pwllheli, Criccieth, Harlech, Barmouth and Porthmadog, with its connections to the Ffestiniog Railway and the Welsh Highland Railway
- Close to all the most popular local tourist attractions in the area such as the Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT), Talyllyn Railway, Corris Railway, King Arthur's Labyrinth, Corris Craft Centre, RSPB Ynys-hir Nature Reserve
- Three golf courses within easy reach
From the Visitors Book
"Great hospitality, lovely room and of course the view! (Not to mention delicious food! Yum Yum...)" - Katherine
"Fantastic, I really enjoyed the food, the room was lovely and the company helpful and nice. Amazing muffins! Thank you!!"- Marianthe
"Lovely location, lovely room + great hospitality. We'll be back! Thanks!"- Tamsin
"The views from the dining room and bedrooms were fantastic and the breakfast the following morning was superb! If you are planning to visit the Dyfi Osprey Project and need somewhere to stay we definitely recommend the Dyfiview B&B"- Michelle
"Wish we were staying longer. 1st Class."- Ken D. and Ken B.
"Lovely room. Good food with a great view. Thanks very much - see you next time!"- D and V Cousins.
"Great Accommodation on one evening of a walk from Cardiff to Conwy. Great host, good rooms, good food. Would recommend to anyone. 1st Class."- Jim, Pete and Glynn.
B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B